Crunchyroll Expo is an accessible event held at San Jose McEnery Convention Center (150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113) and online at crunchyrollexpo.com. Crunchyroll Expo is dedicated to continually improving access to all event amenities. This Accessibility Guide explains the services provided this year. Please read this guide carefully and, for any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, email us at email@example.com. We will do our best to assist you with your accessibility needs.
There will be limited ADA parking spots for guests with disabilities at public parking facilities. Here is a link to a map showing accessible parking spaces at public lots. Here is a link to a map showing spaces available at the San Jose Convention Center. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate and drivers must pay to use these garages. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
There will be an accessible entrance, located through the Hilton. Disabled guests may use this entrance to safely enter the venue. There will also be an accessible lane located at the main entrance. After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services Hub immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
The San Jose Convention Center is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible arrival points, and accessible paths of travel that connect parking, entrances, and all features of the Crunchyroll Expo including, e.g. viewing areas, vendors and activity areas.
We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to use your personal mobility devices, including wheelchairs and scooters. Crutches, walkers and canes are also permitted at the event. If you need to recharge your motorized mobility device, you may do so at the Accessibility Services Hub. Attendees should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We do not provide wheelchair or scooter rentals but can provide a referral for this service upon request.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue – this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Only service animals that have been individually trained and are under the proper care of their owners will be allowed within the premises.
The following guidelines must be followed:
1. All service animals must be verified by the ADA department prior to entry into the event
2. All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
3. Service animals must be housebroken and must be taken outside to a designated area to be relieved.
4. Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for any damage or injury caused by the animal
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you’re inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
ADA queues will be available at all panels, stages, elevators, stores, and special events for guests with disabilities. To gain access to these queues, please obtain a wristband at the Accessibility Services Hub onsite, see below.
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at designated panels, stages, and events. To gain access to these areas, please obtain a wristband at the Accessibility Services Hub, see below.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
1. Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
2. Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
3. Patrons may not save spots
4. Do not block the view of the guests behind you
We accept requests for any of the following services:
1. Closed Captioning
2. ASL Interpretation
3. Other forms of effective communication
We ask that requests for these services must be emailed to us at least two weeks prior to the event.
1. ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
2. DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
3. One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
4. If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services Hub to be reissued
Located inside Hall 3
The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. For more information, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or any other accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require assistance due to pregnancy/nursing, please reach out to the event’s information email address at email@example.com.
Crunchyroll Expo will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs, and to provide any feedback. We hope you find this guide informative and look forward to seeing you at Crunchy City!